2021 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity
2021 ram 1500 Classic Towing Capacity
2021 ram 1500 Towing Capacity
2021 ram 2500/3500 Towing Capacity
1. Payload & Max Trailer Weights are ESTIMATED values.
2. All values are shown in pounds unless otherwise stated.
3. Payload & Max Trailer Weight values are rounded to the nearest 10lb.
4. Payload = GVWR – Base Weight
5. Payload & Trailer Weight Rating are mutually exclusive. GCWR is a defined value from Vehicle Development in lbs.
6. GAWRs, GVWRs, and GCWRs should never be exceeded.
7. Trailer Weight Rating & Tow Vehicle Trailering Weight are calculated as specified in SAE J2807:
Passenger Weight = 300 lb
Options Weight = 100 lb
Trailering Equipment Weight: 75 lb (Conventional Hitch), 70 lb (Gooseneck), and 250 lb (5th Wheel)
Tongue weight: 10% of the gross trailer weight for Conventional Hitch, 15% of the gross trailer weight for a 5th Wheel or Gooseneck hitch. Payload and GAWR should never be exceeded and must account for all of the above weights, including the appropriate trailering equipment and tongue weight.
Box Off Body Completion Weight = 80 lb per foot from end of cab to end of frame.
Per SAE regulation (SAE J2807) GCW = Base Weight + EPA Options + Trailer Pkg Weight + Max Trailer + 300 lbs (Passenger + Driver). 6,010 GVWR only available with 3.6L Quad HFE & 6,990 GVWR only available with 3.0L Diesel HFE.
8. A fifth-wheel hitch is required for trailers over 23,000 lbs.
9. A Gooseneck hitch is required for trailers over 30,000 lbs.
10. Max Trailer = Maximum Capability