It’s snowing in Ottawa! Even though this first snow-fall probably won’t stay for long, it’s a good reminder of that winter is just around the corner! The fast-approaching cold weather brings unpredictable Canadian winter driving conditions. It’s inevitable, but you can still beat the rush and get your vehicle ready for winter now. You can book a maintenance, tire rotation, or tire swap here.
If you need a new set of winter tires, keep reading for our Top 5 picks and to get a quote for your vehicle. You can save big with our Buy 3, Get 1 Free promotion for all in-stock winter tires. Plus, we’ll even store your second set of tires for free when you purchase a new set of 4 winter tires and get them installed.
Michelin X-Ice Xi3
- Great Fuel Efficiency
- Long Lasting Winter Tread
- Ultimate Snow & Ice Confidence
The Michelin X-Ice Xi3 sits at the top of the list of high-quality winter tires.
Its Flex Ice Silica-Based Tread Compound provides added flexibility in sub-zero temperatures, while Cross-Z sipes deliver increased grip on snow and ice.
Dunlop Winter Maxx
- Dunlop Winter Maxx Tire features Mura-Ori sipes
- Higher blade density helps prevent block distortion
- Increase tread-to-ice contact
This is a great choice for those looking for an affordable and high-performance set of winter tires.
The Winter Maxx is perfectly suited for slush, snow, and ice. The unique Miura-Ori shaped sipes will help give snow and ice traction and will apparently improve treadwear.
Yokohama iceGUARD iG52
- Triple 3D Sipes, Extra-Wide Center Rib & Large Control Blocks, and Absorptive Compound
- High-Density Compound
- Absorptive Compound
The iceGuard iG52 delivers exceptional performance and stability for all winter roads.
Extra-wide center rib and large control blocks maximize road contact. The triple-action compound adapts to wet, dry, and ice conditions for complete confidence on all winter roads.
Laufenn I FIT Ice
- Truly unequalled handling and braking power
- Exceptional performances on both snow and ice
- Outstanding ride comfort on all surfaces
This winter studdable ‘I FIT Ice’ provides improved safety and comfort in snow and ice covered road conditions. The advance tread pattern and special winter rubber compound ensure ultimate performance on snowy and icy winter roads.
Bridgestone Blizzak WS90
- Nano-Pro Tech compounds improves traction
- Grooves expel water away from the tire footprint
- 3D sipes that provide biting edges for improved traction