What You Need
To update Uconnect yourself, you will need:
- Your Vehicle’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)
- Access to a computer
- Your vehicle with the Uconnect system nearby
- A 4GB USB memory stick
Find & Download The Latest Uconnect Update
First, you’ll need to see if any software update is available for your vehicle and download the the file.
- Visit Uconnect’s website, enter your 17-digit Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) and click ‘Check for Updates’.
- A pop-up will appear with the latest update (if any is available). Click ‘Get Started’.
- Click ‘View Available Updates’ and download the file.
- Once the download is complete, move the file to a USB drive.
How To Update Uconnect
Once the file is transferred, safely eject then remove the USB stick from your computer and take it to your vehicle. Please note that your vehicle must remain running and parked for the duration of the upload.
- Insert the USB stick. The vehicle should now alert you to the current version of Uconnect that is running and to the version that you’re about to install. You’ll need to confirm that the version you’re installing has a higher number than the one currently running.
- After you confirm, your Uconnect system will reset. You’ll see several progress notifications appear on the screen. Remember to keep the vehicle running and on park until the process is successfully completed. The Uconnect system might become inoperative if the update is interrupted.
- As soon as the update is completed, the screen will reset.
- After it powers back on, wait 60-90 seconds for a window to pop-up. Confirm that the software version numbers now match, then press ‘No’.
The software update is now complete and it is safe to remove the USB stick from your vehicle.