MotorTrend’s 2019 Truck of the Year Maximum Towing Capacity of 12,750 lbs
You may be wondering how much can I tow with a 2019 Ram 1500. The 2019 Ram 1500, the industry’s #1 and top pickup truck, boasts robust performance numbers across the board. The all-new 2019 Ram 1500 is lighter, longer, and can tow/haul more. Maximum payload is up to 2,320 pounds on the 2019 Ram 1500 DT, and max towing capacity rises to 12,750 lbs, beating Chevrolet (12,200 lbs), GMC (11,000 lbs), Nissan (12,640 lbs), and Toyota (10,200 lbs) half-ton offerings. Full towing and hauling specifications and capacities are listed below.
The wider bed provides a larger cargo bed volume of up to 1,521 litres (53.7 cu-ft) – enough to put everything you need in it.
Towing Capabilities by Engine
As at January 7, 2019, the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 DT is offered with three different engines in 4×2 and 4×4 configurations. The maximum towing capacity with each available engine is listed below:
- 3.6L PentaStar V6 Engine with eTorque: The Ram 1500, when equipped with the V6 engine can tow a maximum of 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L HEMI V8 Engine: The 2019 Ram 1500 towing capacity reaches a maximum of 11,610 pounds with the 5.7L HEMI V8 engine.
- 5.7L HEMI Engine with eTorque: This engine configuration increases the Ram 1500 towing capacity to 12,750 pounds.
On top of the three different engines and associated towing capacities highlighted above, you’ll have access to towing features like:
- 360 Surround View Camera: Gives you a wider view of rear surroundings, so you can back up safely and confidently.
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This active safety feature accounts for the length of your trailer and monitors blind spot zones.
- Guided Parking: The available Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist automatically controls the steering and guides you through how to engage the brake, accelerator, and gear position, ensuring parallel parking is a breeze.
2019 Ram 1500 Towing Specification and Capacity
Our most popular models’ of 2019 Ram 1500 pick up truck towing specs are listed below. You can download a complete detailing for the all-new 2019 Ram 1500 ‘DT’ here: 2019 Ram 1500 Towing Capacity and Specification Ottawa Canada.
2019 Ram 1500 ‘DT’ Trailer Towing Capacity Ottawa Canada
|ENGINE||TRANSMISSION||AXLE RATIO||GVWR||PAYLOAD||BASE WEIGHT||GAWR||GCWR||MAX TRAILER WEIGHT RATING|
|QUAD CAB: 6-ft. 4-in. BOX, 4×4|
|3.6L V-6||A8 850RE||3.21||6800||1810||4989||2900.9||2088.1||3900||4100||11,900||6460|
|3.6L V-6||A8 850RE||3.55||6800||1810||4989||2900.9||2088.1||3900||4,100||12,900||7460|
|3.6L V-6||A8 850RE||3.92||6800||1560||5238||3045.7||2192.3||3900||4,100||12,900||7290|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI||A8 8HP75||3.21||7100||1950||5147||2992.8||2154.2||3900||4100||13900||8360|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI||A8 8HP75||3.92||7100||1950||5147||2992.8||2154.2||3900||4100||17000||11460|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI eTorque||A8 8HP75||3.21||7100||1870||5232||3042.2||2189.8||3900||4100||13900||8270|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI eTorque||A8 8HP75||3.92||7100||1870||5232||3042.2||2189.8||3900||4100||17000||11370|
|CREW CAB: 5-ft. 7-in. BOX, 4×4|
|3.6L V-6||A8 850RE||3.21||6900||1670||5232||3042.2||2189.8||3900||4100||11,900||6280|
|3.6L V-6||A8 850RE||3.55||6900||1670||5232||3042.2||2189.8||3900||4100||12,900||7280|
|3.6L V-6||A8 850RE||3.92||6900||1530||5372||3123.6||2248.4||3900||4,100||12,900||7160|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI||A8 8HP75||3.21||7100||1800||5302||3082.9||2219.1||3900||4100||13900||8190|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI||A8 8HP75||3.92||7100||1800||5302||3082.9||2219.1||3900||4100||17000||11290|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI eTorque||A8 8HP75||3.21||7100||1720||5380||3129.3||2251.7||3900||4100||13900||8090|
|5.7L V-8 HEMI eTorque||A8 8HP75||3.92||7100||1720||5380||3129.3||2251.7||3900||4100||17000||11190|
1. Payload and Max Trailer Weights are ESTIMATED values.
2. All weights are shown in pounds unless otherwise stated.
3. Payload and Max Trailer Weight values are rounded to the nearest 10 lb.
4. Payload = GVWR – Base Weight.
5. Trailer Weight Rating and Tow Vehicle Trailering Weight are calculated as specified in SAE J2807.
Passenger Weight = 300 lb.
Options Weight is option content above 33 percent of sales volume.
Trailer equipment weight =Class IV receiver hitch is 3.9 lb (if not already included in options weight).
Trailer Hitch is 10 lb if TWR is less or equal to 5,000 lb and 65 lb if TWR is greater than 5,000 lb.
6. Payload and Trailer Weight Rating are mutually exclusive.
7. GAWRs, GVWRs and GCWRs should never be exceeded.
8. The recommended tongue weight for a conventional hitch is 10 percent of the gross trailer weight.
The maximum tongue weight for Class IV receiver hitch is limited to 1275 lb.
9. Weight Distributing Hitch is recommended for trailers over 5,000 lb.
*”Starting at” price represents the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the base model minus Total Discounts (where applicable) as on October 3, 2018. Price does not include taxes, insurance, registration, and licence charges. Total Discounts may vary from time to time and may vary considerably by model and trim. Total Discounts include Consumer Cash Discounts, which are applied before taxes, and/or Bonus Cash Discounts, which are applied after taxes.