How We Determine Your Offer
How your offer is created:
The offer that Ottawa Dodge will give you is based on a thorough inspection of your vehicle, ensuring you get a fair and honest offer. The process in determining the price includes a physical inspection of your vehicle.
Since every vehicle is different, our appraisers focus on:
- The year, mileage, make, and model of your vehicle
- Interior and exterior conditions
- Aftermarket modifications
- Structural damage
- A test drive to determine mechanical issues
- Your vehicle's history report for possible flood or frame damage and any accidents
Using multiple sources of data, appraisers also check general factors that affect a vehicle of similar make and model. Your vehicle is compared against current and accurate market conditions, such as national, provincial, and local sales trends, as well as auction data.
Once our appraisers analyze the information, we'll give you a free written offer good for up to five days
Why Consider Ottawa Dodge
We buy vehicles every day and our appraisal process can be done in as little as 30 minutes. And since we are a top retailer of used vehicles, you can be assured that top value will be given. If your vehicle is in high demand or if we have a customer looking for a vehicle similar to yours, you could receive up to $4000 over market value. To minimize the time spent during the appraisal, there are some things you need to bring with you.
Selling Your Vehicle To Ottawa Dodge V.S Selling Your Vehicle Privately
- Ottawa Dodge backs every appraisal with an offer the same day it's appraised
- Online estimators only provide used vehicle values with no offer and many dealers will only buy certain vehicles
- Other dealers require that you buy something from them in order to buy your vehicle - not at Ottawa Dodge
- Ottawa Dodge's specially-trained vehicle appraisers physically examine each unique vehicle to make a written offer
- Online estimators use market data to provide an estimate without making you an offer for your vehicle - there is no guarantee that anyone will actually pay you the amount you've been given
- Ottawa Dodge appraisals are free
- Selling your vehicle yourself may have extra costs associated, like cost of ownership, insurance, and advertising
- Selling to a private party can take weeks and you could be dealing with untrustworthy people. With Ottawa Dodge, you don't have to worry about any hassles, title issues, or about a buyer obtaining a loan or backing out
- Selling to a private party increases the risk of being hassled after the transaction
- Ottawa Dodge will buy your vehicle, even if you don't buy one of ours
- If you do decide to purchase a vehicle from Ottawa Dodge, you will receive an additional credit equal to the sales tax
- Ottawa Dodge believes in transparency of our process, allowing you to walk and speak with your appraiser while your vehicle is being inspected
- Other dealers may play games and not tell you how they arrived at their offer
What To Bring With You
When bringing your vehicle to Ottawa Dodge, remember to have the items below. If you're missing some of the required items, we still may be able to complete the sale. We will guide you through the process and help you make arrangements to gather any missing items:
- An original copy of your vehicle's provincial registration and lien/pay-off information (if applicable)
- We will need your provincial registration to transfer the vehicle's ownership, and it must be provided at the time of sale. All titleholders should be present. We must see the vehicle's current registration to confirm that you're the vehicle's owner.
- Valid Photo ID
- All keys and key fobs/remotes. When selling us your vehicle, it's important you provide us with all sets of keys and remotes. If the original keys and remote to the vehicle are missing, we may adjust the offer.
Do you accept trade-ins?
Yes. In fact, we'll buy your vehicle even if you don't buy one from us.
Can I get my vehicle appraised online?
You must bring your vehicle to Ottawa Dodge at 900 St Laurent Blvd in Ottawa, ON to receive an appraisal. To determine your offer, one of our appraisers will need to inspect and test drive your vehicle. When we're done, we'll give you a written offer good for up to five days.
What happens to the vehicles that Ottawa Dodge buys?
Even though we'll buy any vehicle, only about half of those bought by Ottawa Dodge will ever be sold to the public. Each vehicle must pass our rigorous inspection before we'll consider it for our lot; vehicles that don't meet our high-quality standards are sold at auctions or to other dealers
Will you buy my vehicle?
Once your vehicle has been appraised, we'll give you a written offer that's good for up to five days and you are under no obligation to buy one of Ottawa Dodge's vehicles if you sell us yours. If you decide to sell us your vehicle, be sure to read our checklist of what to bring with you.
Will you explain how you appraised my vehicle?
If you have questions about the appraisal of your vehicle, please speak with the appraiser who produced the offer. Our appraisers will provide a thorough explanation about the factors that influenced your offer.
Why is your written offer different from retail prices?
Our appraisal offers vary from retail prices for several reasons. Due to the costs associated with reconditioning and applying guarantees and warranties on the vehicles we purchase for retail sale, we must purchase a vehicle at a lesser amount than what we will sell it for. All vehicles that we purchase for retail sale, regardless of the condition, must undergo a thorough multi-point inspection, vehicle certification, and be reconditioned to meet our high-quality standards.
How can I get an offer for my vehicle?
You can have your vehicle professionally appraised at 900 St Laurent Blvd in Ottawa, Ontario. This process usually takes 30 to 40 minutes, and we'll give you a written offer that's good for up to five days when we're done.
What makes Ottawa Dodge different from traditional dealer appraisals?
The Ottawa Dodge written offer is good for up to five days, and is valid whether you buy a vehicle from us or not. Most dealership's appraisals are based on you trading in your vehicle for a new one, and they won't buy your vehicle outright.
Is your offer negotiable?
No. We make a written, no-haggle offer on every appraised vehicle.
Will making modifications to my vehicle affect the offer?
Supply and demand ultimately determines the desirability of any vehicle or feature in the marketplace. A feature sometimes could improve the offer, and other times it could have a negative impact depending on the feature/modification. Sometimes, an aftermarket modification may void the factory warranty, thus reducing the offer.
Will regular maintenance/repairs affect the offer?
Yes. Regular maintenance and repairs will have an effect on your vehicle's overall physical and mechanical condition, thereby impacting on your appraisal offer.
Do I need an appointment for an appraisal?
No appraisal appointment is necessary. Just visit Ottawa Dodge at 900 St Laurent Blvd in Ottawa, Ontario or contact us for details. Your appraisal will take as little as 30 minutes.
What if all titleholders cannot be present or one is deceased?
If all titleholders cannot be present, you must speak to one of our Sales Managers before proceeding with the transaction. In some cases, we may be able to accept a Power of Attorney, allowing someone else to sign on the absent titleholder's behalf. If a titleholder is deceased, you may have to transfer the title into your name before Ottawa Dodge can buy your vehicle. A friendly Ottawa Dodge Manager will be happy to help you with this.
Can I sell my leased vehicle?
In most cases, you can sell your leased vehicle in almost the same way as any other financed vehicle. We'll appraise the vehicle, then contact the leasing company for a payoff quote and process any equity you might have. Please note that some leasing companies will not allow you to sell the vehicle prior to the expiration of the lease. Also, be aware that your leased vehicle might not be eligible for trade-in tax savings. Check with your leasing company for complete details.
What if I owe more on my vehicle than the amount of your appraisal offer?
If your pay-off amount is more than the offer for your vehicle, the difference is called "negative equity." In most cases, the negative equity can be included in your financing when you buy a vehicle from us. If not, we'll calculate the difference between your pay-off and our offer to you and you can pay Ottawa Dodge directly. Ottawa Dodge will accept payment by certified bank draft, cash, and/or a major credit card. Our written offers are good for up to five days, giving you time to get any necessary funds to settle your transaction.
What if I have a lien on my vehicle?
We will need to contact your lien holder during business hours to get a lien payoff. To pay off the lien, we will need your lien holder's name and phone number, the name(s) on the account, and your lien account number. If a previously paid-off lien is listed on the title, you'll need both the title and the lien release from the lien holder before we can purchase your vehicle.
Can I sell a vehicle on behalf of a company?
If you would like to sell a vehicle on behalf of a company, we will provide you with the requirements during the appraisal visit.
Hours of Operation
- Service & Parts
Monday - Thursday
8:30am - 8:00pm
8:30am - 6:00pm
8:30am - 5:00pm
Service & Parts
Service & Parts
Monday - Friday
7:00am - 5:30pm
8:00am - 2:00pm