frequently asked questions
Since every vehicle is different, we focus on:
- Year, mileage, make, and model of your vehicle
- Interior and exterior condition
- Aftermarket modifications
- Structural damage
- Your vehicle’s history report for possible flood or frame damage and any accidents
Using multiple sources of data, we’ll also check general factors that affect a vehicle of similar make and model. Your vehicle will be compared against current and accurate market conditions, such as national, provincial, and local sales trends, as well as auction data.
Yes. Your car’s overall physical and mechanical condition has a great impact on our offer. If you can provide proof that you have well taken care of your vehicle, we’ll usually be able to give you a better value for it.
Yes, sometimes for the better and sometimes for the worse.
Supply and demand ultimately determines the desirability of any vehicle. A modified feature sometimes could improve the offer if it’s in high demand. If it’s not something desired, it could reduce the offer, such as an aftermarket modification that voids the factory warranty.
When you sell your vehicle yourself, there may be extra costs associated with the sale, such as cost of ownership, insurance, and advertising.
Selling to a private party can take weeks and you could be dealing with untrustworthy people, increasing the risk of being hassled after the transaction.
At Ottawa St-Laurent Jeep & RAM, we have experts that will give your the best offer and save you the struggle and stress of selling privately. You don’t have to worry about any hassles, title issues, or about a buyer obtaining a loan or backing out.
Great! When you’re ready, simply bring your vehicle to our Showroom located at 900 St-Laurent Blvd, Ottawa. Remember to bring the following with you:
- An original copy of your vehicle’s provincial registration and lien/pay-off information (if applicable).
- Your provincial registration to transfer the vehicle’s ownership, and it must be provided at the time of sale.
- All titleholders should be present. We must see the vehicle’s current registration to confirm that you’re the vehicle’s owner.
- Valid Photo ID.
- All keys and key fobs/remotes. When selling us your vehicle, it’s important you provide us with all sets of keys and remotes. If the original keys and remote to the vehicle are missing, we may need to adjust the offer.
If you’re missing some of the required items, we might still be able to complete the sale. If not, we will guide you through the process to make arrangements to gather any missing items.